How many Ontario students applied to the province’s colleges and universities during the last decade? How many enrolled? How many graduated? Find the answers to these and other good questions in Quick Stats, a compendium of data on Ontario’s postsecondary system.
Note: All visualizations begin in 2013 and go up to the most recent year for which we have accurate data. As we continue to update Quick Stats, our goal will be to have data covering the last 10 years.
The Quick Stats visualizations are best viewed on a desktop device.
Tips for interacting with visualizations:
- Hover your mouse over or click on the different bars and bands to view more information, including percentages and counts.
- Use the dropdown menus above the graphics to toggle different fields of study (for the university data) and credential types (for the college data).
- For optimal functionality, data visualizations are best viewed on a desktop device.
All definitions used in the Quick Stats visualizations were directly adopted from MCU and Statistics Canada sources, including:
- MCU’s College Employment Profile Glossary
- MCU’s College Graduate Outcomes Survey
- MCU’s Ontario University Graduate Survey
- Statistics Canada’s Classification of Instructional Programs (CIP) Canada 2016 and 2021.
Section 1 ― Applicants
The number of applicants to Ontario’s colleges and universities.
Section 2 ― Enrolment
Information on who enrols, based on institution type, degree and program choice, as well as international students.
- 2.1 Enrolment in Ontario Colleges by Credential
- 2.2 Undergraduate Enrolment in Ontario Universities
- 2.3 Master’s and Doctoral Degree Enrolment in Ontario Universities
Section 3 ― Student Experience
Tracking the satisfaction levels of students.
- 3.1 Ontario College Student Satisfaction
- 3.2 Ontario College Graduate Satisfaction
- 3.3 Ontario University Undergraduate Student Satisfaction
Section 4 ― Graduates
Exploring graduation numbers by program, credential and field of study.
- 4.1 Ontario College Programs: Credentials Awarded
- 4.2 University Degrees Granted by Credential
- 4.3 Master’s and Doctoral Degrees Granted by Field of Study
Section 5 ― Graduation Outcomes
Graduation and employment rates for students attending Ontario colleges and universities.
- 5.1 Ontario College Programs: Graduation Rates
- 5.2 Graduate Employment Rate for Ontario Colleges
- 5.3 Ontario College Graduate Employment Rate in a Related Field
- 5.4 Ontario Colleges: Employer Satisfaction Rate
- 5.5 Graduation Rate for Ontario Universities
- 5.6 Graduate Employment Rate for Graduates of Undergraduate Degree Programs from Ontario Universities
- 5.7 Ontario University Graduate Employment Rate in a Related Field
Section 6 ― Tuition
Tuition fees at Ontario colleges and universities.
- 6.1 Average College Tuition and Compulsory Ancillary Fees
- 6.2 University Tuition Fees for Domestic Students